Nutrisystem: How much room does it take up? and other useful tips to prepare for your NS journey.
Another aspect to take into consideration before ordering Nutrisystem is that it takes some pre-planning in order to have room for all of the food. Realize that you are going to immediately be storing 28 days of food when Nutrisystem first arrives at your home. Being prepared before it arrives will make the experience seamless and less stressful. I will be honest, opening up a giant box of food the first time was overwhelming. Having a place to put it really helped. Spending just 30 minutes organizing every month’s shipment requires no extra organizational effort for the remainder of the month, making it SO worth it to me.
Husband and I are doing Nutrisystem together, so we are obviously storing twice as much food. If I was just storing one set of food, it would easily fit on one 18″ x 32″ pantry shelf and 18″ x 23″ freezer shelf. These containers are lightweight and can stack quite high without taking up a lot of shelf room, so you could also utilize a more vertical space if you are short on kitchen real estate.
- If you cannot find a large enough designated place that is easily accessible in the kitchen or pantry, keep it all in the box and put it wherever fits (such as a closet or spare room). Reorganize and eek out a shelf or spot in the kitchen that can house 3-7 days of food. Designate a restocking day to always have food ready. Having less in sight will be less overwhelming as well.
- Organize by breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. Each meal is color-coded which already makes it pretty easy, but dumb it down. Make it so simple that it literally takes zero effort to get your food.
- Make “grab” boxes. I use the box the Fast 5 came in for Jeff’s snacks. If I had more of that size of box, I would label each with breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks and fill them all with the respective food. How simple that would be, no choices, just grab an entree!
Now for our Friday weigh-in!
- Month 1: -30.8
- Month 2: -7.0
- Month 3: -12.0
- Week 13: -3.8
- Overall Loss: – 53.6 pounds
- Month 1: -13.8
- Month 2: -7.1
- Month 3: -10.1
- Week 13: -1.2
- Overall Loss: – 32.2 pounds
Thank you for reading and have a blessed day!
Ready to give Nutrisystem a try? We would love to have you on board during our journey. Send me your email address here and I will send you a link to receive $30 off your first Nutrisystem purchase, simple as that!