Crunch with us! Jeff and I have been on this weight loss journey for 3 1/2 months now, and are still in the beginning stages of exercise. Read more about our Crunch Challenge.
Starting small is the best way to avoid injury, avoid getting burnt out and simply set yourself up for success. I got a little discouraged while I was searching Pinterest one day for an ab calendar. They were all geared towards intermediate and advanced fitness buffs. I didn’t want to hurt myself for goodness sakes, so I devised my own calendar! This May Ab calendar is for exercise beginners, and is the second in a 12-month series. If you are new here, find the first month here. I guarantee, at the end of May you will feel stronger. Your little weakling abs will feel a little bit harder after 30 days, and putting a daily emphasis on fitness will slowly shift your mindset towards fitting more activity into your life.
A few tips before I leave you on your merry way!
- See how to do a proper plank here. I prefer the Forearm Plank, but mix it up or do whichever one is most comfortable for you!
- See how to do a proper wall push-up here.
- Focus on tightening your abs during wall pushups.
- Lay on your tummy and push your chest up (like a seal) to stretch your abs for at least 10 seconds after you complete your reps.
- Make sure to click on the link underneath the calendar picture to get the printable PDF.
Comment if you are going to embark on the Crunch Challenge! Would love to hear from you. Thank you for reading and have a blessed day!