If you are just tuning in – I (Rebekah) am chronicling our husband and wife Nutrisystem weight loss journey. My husband (Jeff) and I woke up one day and realized that being overweight was no longer an option.
Today we have finished week six. A few ups of the week – we were able to get through Valentine’s Day without crashing our diet. We took a weekend getaway, without the kids – so Nutrisystem came on the road with us. We did enjoy a lovely dinner at Applebee’s with my sister & brother-in-law (again – I give a raving review for their 550-calories or less menu!) and also ate a non-Nutrisystem breakfast at the B&B that we stayed at – overall we were smart about our choices and serving sizes, and both of us had lost weight on Monday. Another up, we drank enough water for the first time on a road trip since starting Nutrisystem. Instead of just assuming that water would magically appear on our trip – I brought jugs of filtered water so it was accessible at all times.
Had a slight down this week. I am starting to feel deprived. I cannot pinpoint exactly what it is that I want to eat if I was not dieting, all I know is that nothing sounds appealing on the Nutrisystem menu over the last few days. Hoping this is a short-lived funk, because it will be a long 46 weeks if I do not snap out of it!
Since I was feeling a little down, I decided to focus on the small victories (besides the scale) that we have experienced thus far.
1. I fit into a pair of my normal jeans. And they don’t look like leggings at the knees (aka they are a little loose) 🙂 So long maternity jeans! I was actually able to comfortably wear them for the entire 2 1/2 hour drive home over the weekend, that was a win in my book!
2. We ate a non-Nutrisystem meal and didn’t gorge ourselves. We’ve had “cheat” days on other diets and seriously went overboard. I am proud to say that we successfully had an encounter with delicious food and practiced self-control and good choices. I ate half of a decadent blueberry biscuit and actually pushed the other half away. Another win!
3. Declined a cupcake. It was my dad’s birthday over the weekend, and after lunch my sister brought out ten lovely-looking, artfully designed, lusciously frosted cupcakes. Smelling those little cakes was hard, watching everyone eat one was harder, making the choice to not eat one was hardest. I had a fleeting second when I thought, “it is a special occasion, it won’t hurt anything if I eat a cupcake – I will make up for it later!” Wrong wrong and wrong. Small choices result in big weight loss. Look how far we have come in 6 short weeks – it is simply not worth it to me to indulge in a cupcake only to pay for it on the scale later.
4. I can look at myself in the mirror again. Now I am still obese, I am fully aware of that. But I am no longer avoiding mirrors and pretending that my weight problem doesn’t exist. Instead, I am embracing the progress I have made and accepting what I look like at every weight. This new mentality has been freeing – realizing that loving the person inside is so very important at every weight.
Here are the results of our Friday weigh-in!
- Week 1: -14.0
- Week 2: -6.6
- Week 3: -3.6
- Week 4: -6.6
- Month 1 Total: -30.8 pounds
- Week 5: -1.8
- Week 6: -5.0
- Week 1: -9.3
- Week 2: -0.4
- Week 3: -2.5
- Week 4: -1.6
- Month 1 Total: -13.8 pounds
- Week 5: -1.8
- Week 6: -0.9
What small changes are you proud of so far on your weight loss journey? Remember, tiny changes equal big weight loss!
Thank you for reading and have a blessed day!
Ready to give Nutrisystem a try? We would love to have you on board during our journey. Send me your email address here and I will send you a link to a discount to receive a $30 promo off your first Nutrisystem purchase, simple as that!